- Basic concepts for the safe and effective practice of local anesthesia in dentistry are emphasized.
- Recent advances in science, technology, and pain control techniques are presented.
- Clear instructions for administering local anesthetics are accompanied by high-quality photographs and drawings to enhance the reader’s understanding.
- Numerous boxes and tables are presented throughout to provide a quick reference and comparison of techniques, drugs, and dosages.
- In-depth discussions are provided on the anesthetic agents used in dentistry, along with their clinical actions.
- Dosage charts, injection techniques, information on duration of action, and contraindications for local anesthetics are included at the end of the book for quick reference.
- Step-by-step procedures and instructions for administering local anesthetics are provided.
- The proper care and handling of equipment are thoroughly covered, along with the problems that may be encountered.
- Information is provided on the requirements for pain control and local anesthesia within various dental specialties that require particular attention.
- Coverage includes electronic dental anesthesia and ultrasonics, as alternatives to the injection of drugs.
- A chapter on Legal Considerations mentions foreseeable complications related to the administration of local anesthetics and discusses the standard of care with regard to appropriate prevention and treatment.
- An all-new, full-color design includes vibrant illustrations and drawings.
- Comprehensive information is provided on Articaine, a highly debated local anesthetic recently approved by the FDA, that is gaining widespread use in the United States.
- Discussions of the armamentarium needed to succeed in local anesthesia delivery have been updated to reflect the latest available drugs and devices.
- Updated instructions for administering the various techniques of intraoral anesthesia are presented in consistent, step-by-step procedures.
- The New 2003 CDC Hand Hygiene Guidelines are provided to keep readers up to date on the latest standards of practice.
Used Book in Good Condition